If you are debating flooring options, look no further than laminate flooring. This inexpensive, durable, and realistic looking product may surprise you. When laminate first hit scene it was a novelty, but not that good. While the first iterations were inexpensive, they looked faked. Today, however, laminates are a popular option and will continue to be on trend from 2019 and beyond. They continue to surprise and delight consumers by exceeding their expectations.
1. Realistic: Laminate flooring manufacturers have really stepped up their game in the area of design. While their first attempts were nothing to write home about, laminate floors look so realistic now that it can often be hard to tell if a product is a laminate or a real hardwood. From hand-scaping details to knots in the wood, designs are starting to look like Mother Nature's handiwork.
2. Inexpensive Option: One of the main reasons people choose a laminate product is cost. Real wood can be a budget buster, and it is only going to get worse. The cost of wood constantly goes up, particularly nice hardwoods like walnut and maple. Laminate allows you to choose an exotic wood without the attached price tag.
3. Great for DIYer: Installing a wood floor takes skill, experience, and tools—a lot of tools. Laminates, on the other hand, can be installed in a weekend by a complete novice with very little in the way of tools. Once cut to length, the planks just click together, perfect for a weekend warrior.
4. Green Choices: While many hardwoods are now harvested from tree farms in an ecologically minded fashion, laminates are often the preferred choice for those wanted 'green' flooring options. Laminates are made from both scarp wood as well as bamboo so they can have a decreased carbon footprint.
5. Durable: Laminates are the flooring of choice for people with kids or pets, who can wreak havoc on other flooring options in no time. Muddy paws, spilled paint, and even a crayon incident are no match for their infamous durability. They simply scrub clean. Stains, high heels, and toddlers don't stand a chance.
6. Warranty: Most manufacturers offer incredible warranties now as well. The technology behind their creation has improved to the point that they can back up their product even longer than before.
Laminate flooring continues to be a popular choice because of its durability, ease of installation, design options, and price point. You won't be disappointed.
Flooring can take up a big chunk of your building or renovation budget. Is this something that you can cut down the cost of so that you don't run out of money before the project is complete? In some cases, your first choice may not be the best for your budget. We have put this blog together to help those going through the process of renovating or building a home find the flooring that will fit into their budgets without sacrificing looks or quality. When you come to the end, you will have a good idea of what you can afford and what you want in your home.